Listen on one of these platforms:
11: Recreational Therapy for Cognition with Clinical Specialist Marlene Rivera
In episode 11 of Brightway Answers, clinical specialist Marlene Rivera answers questions about cognition and recreational therapy submitted by brain injury survivors and caregivers.
She answers questions like:
- Is there anything you can recommend to help with brain fog?
- How can I build focus and increase my attention span?
- Are there ways that survivors can get better sleep and deal with fatigue?
Marlene Rivera is a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and a Certified Brain Injury Specialist. She currently serves the brain injury community in the role of Clinical Specialist at ReMed in Partnership with Learning Services and as the ReDiscoverU Coordinator for the Council on Brain Injury, also known as CoBI. Marlene supports fundraising along with brain injury education and awareness building efforts through her involvement with CoBI's annual events, including David's Drive and Tribute Trek. As a Clinical Specialist, Marlene uses her background in Recreation Therapy to provide oversight of client treatment plans in an intensive neurobehavioral rehab. During her free time, Marlene enjoys activity-based social gatherings and serving her local community with her loved ones.
Get your questions about brain injury answered! On Brightway Answers, we ask YOUR questions to doctors, therapists, and other professionals who specialize in brain injury. View all episodes at https://www.brightwayhealth.org/podcast or submit a question at https://brain.brightwayhealth.org.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- RediscoverU: https://www.councilonbraininjury.com/rediscover-u
- Council on Brain Injury: https://www.councilonbraininjury.com/
- American Music Therapy Association: https://www.musictherapy.org/
- Online directory of music therapists: https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=amta2&WebCode=IndSearch
- Brain Injury Association list of support groups: https://www.biausa.org/public-affairs/media/virtual-support-groups